Monday, June 4, 2012

Jetting Off On My British Virgin Islands Holiday


As far as I’m concerned, at the onset of winter there is only one thing on my mind - planning my long awaited summer holiday. It’s going to be a long, cold, winter and I want some sun, sand and relaxation. I’ve ploughed through travel brochures, browsed countless websites and have made my decision. I’m going to the British Virgin Islands.

Holidays in the British Virgin Islands are ‘relaxing, breath-taking and amazing’ according to my hours of research; the photographs I have seen and the reviews I have read. The British Virgin Islands are located in the Caribbean and are accessible by air and ferry, and I am heading off to Long Bay Beach Resort which is located on Tortola. Personally, this holiday is going to be really special for me, it’s my 40th birthday, and I’ve decided to arrive into Tortola in style aboard a luxury Cessna 401 Business liner that seats 6 and offers a seat next to the captain. I will do my best to pile on the charm to ensure that seat becomes mine. The views from the plane are supposed to be awe-inspiring and I really am excited.

Long Bay Beach Resort is nestled on a 52 acre estate, with a stunning white sand beach fringed with palm trees and crystal clear waters.  Long Bay is situated close to Tortola’s West End, and finding the perfect Tortola hotel for me was quite simple as I discovered the best website for holidays to the British Virgin Islands. The company, BVI holidays, is great. They are extremely knowledgeable and have a huge selection of accommodation to choose from - Long Bay Beach Resort seemed to be the best Tortola hotel suited to my needs. I knew I wanted activities at my hotel, but I also wanted the opportunity to relax if I so desired. BVI Holidays has a wide selection of accommodation to choose from and their website is so user friendly and precise it was apparent from the onset which of the different accommodation options would suit me best. Long Bay Beach Resort offers facilities such as booking scuba diving, tennis and swimming, and there is also a fitness centre and Spa. For more information click here.

Tortola appealed to me for a variety of reasons. Although I am a frequent traveller I like the fact that the island’s inhabitants are English speaking. The island’s history also appeals.  Christopher Columbus discovered the British Virgin Islands and it has been claimed that pirates such as Blackbeard and Captain Kidd spent time in Tortola. It is a mountainous island so the scenery is spectacular and wildlife is plentiful. It’s good to be able to explore a little when one is on holiday and I am planning on taking a few leisurely strolls while I am there. The local cuisine sounds divine. I want to try Johnny cake and conch fritters. The islanders also drink a rum based cocktail called Painkiller. I think the name says it all! If you are interested in looking at British Virgin Islands Holidays in particular, or if you want to source a good Tortola Hotel then BVI Holidays really can help you. For more information click here.

If you like the sound of my holiday then don’t hold back. Call BVI Holidays to ask if a holiday in the British Virgin Islands would suit you, you never know we might even end up there at the same time! But remember, that seat next to the pilot is designated for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment